I’m sure you’ve seen them before, perhaps given them a second side glance and wondered who in their right mind would get on one of those things.
Then you think again, quickly, ‘if I got on one of those things, how would my balance be? How fast would it go?’
Yeah, we get the intrigue, we really do!
Those odd [yet really fun]-looking self-balancing machines that are starting to pop up everywhere, from tourism companies to police forces across America, have finally caught our attention enough to blog about it! So what’s with those gadgets that do the walking work for you, and where can you find the best ones with the best benefits? Here’s what we found:
- Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours - The Windy City is certainly a site to see, and ‘the best way to see Chicago is on Segways, Absolutely!’ Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours is one of the top touring companies in Chicago, presenting tourists and locals alike with all the best options in personal transportation touring. When you get here you will choose the type of tour you want to take, train with your ‘Chicago chariot on two wheels’, and then spend 1-2 hours riding about the town! Options include the 8-mile Museum and Lakefront tour, Art and Architecture Tour, Fireworks Night Tour, Gangster Tour, Haunted Tour, Holiday Lights Tours, Beachside Tour, and the recently most popular option, the Pokemon Go Tour. So see it all, from the glistening lake front to the award winning parks and skyline, all from the comfort of your Segway!
- Washington D.C Segway Tour - D.C is another one of those cities that you just have to take a tour in while visiting to see it all, and yet another one in which Segwaying your way around will save a lot of time, giving you an exciting opportunity to see much more than you would on foot. Here in DC, the main Segway tour will take you on a 3-hour journey around the city, allowing you to see the White House, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Freedom Plaza, and over 12 other major landmark spots. Schools, private groups, and Pokemon Go fans alike are all welcome, several groups coming back again after enjoying the full-speed (12.5 mph) options instead of the more common turtle mode touring (6 mph). Try to make it here during March or April to see the gorgeous Cherry Blossom Festival!
- Adventures Out West Garden of the Gods Tour - Colorado Springs is an absolutely stunning place to tour, especially when you see it all zoom by from a Segway! Take a Garden of the Gods Segway Tour with Adventures Out West and you will see such spectacular views as Pikes Peak and various sandstone monuments. Keep an eye out for eagles, hawks, bighorn sheep, and maybe even Big Foot, as you and your group take part in a 1-2 hour journey around the park. See Kissing Camels and Praying Hands, two very iconic rock formations, year-round with this tour company, one you definitely won’t want to miss out on while in Colorado Springs!
- St. Louis Segway Tour - There is probably a lot more than you think there is to see in St. Louis, the city of discovery, which is why we think you need to Segway, the right way, to tour the city properly while here! St. Louis Segway Tours will show you all the best views in the city, from the Historic Gateway Arch and iconic Busch Stadium to the Mighty Mississippi and City Garden. Operating every April through October, this truly is the way to see more in less time, with several more options to see various other neighborhoods such as Historic Downtown, Forest Park, and Soulard Neighborhood. Soulard will show you the historic market and local brewery (Budweiser), and Forest Park will show you Union Station and the Planetarium, plus so much more!
- San Francisco Waterfront Segway Tour - When it comes to California, San Francisco is the city for scenic tours, and when it comes to scenic tours Segwaying is the only way to go! There are several different popular segway tour companies here, our top choice being the Waterfront Tour. With this option, you and your group will get to see the FIsherman’s Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz Island, and the Bay! Take a 2-hour tour with narration and see glimpses of the Golden Gate, gather tons of great city information, and enjoy easygoing guides and golden views. You may also choose the Golden Gate Park Segway tour for something a little more specific, or get the most for your money and book an Alcatraz Island and City Segway Tour, a two-day adventure that includes an award-winning audio tour on the island one day, a segway tour around the bay the next!
- New Orleans French Quarter Segway Tour - Gorgeous architecture, colorful history, and some of the most iconic southern views, all from your segway? Yes, please! This New Orleans French Quarter Segway Tour takes you to some of the most iconic places throughout the French Quarter, from Louis Armstrong Park to Jackson Square. Explore Bourbon Street, Treme, and Congo Square during your 3-hour adventure, starting on Decatur Street and heading to the most jazz-filled, historically religious, and culture-ridden spots throughout the city. You will also see the Mighty Mississippi during your training, a great 30-minute session that will show you and your group (under 8 people per group) exactly what to do and how to safely do it!
- Portland By Segway - Portland has a lot to show guests as well, and it just so happens that they also have a great Segway company that will show it all! Portland by Segway is a sort of learn by seeing and doing sort of company, allowing guests to really get to know their hometown within the 2-hour adventure across the city. See the Willamette River and Historic Waterfront, Portland State University, Powell's Bookstore, and even Chinatown and Old town. There are 3 different departure times each day, one at 10 am, one at 2pm, and the last sunset tour departing at 6 pm. See all the green architecture, ‘weird’ culture, and scenic beauty that makes this place so special, all from some of the best Segways in the business.