Every now and then travelers get that itch, that insane desire to do something they normally wouldn’t. Some people may call them crazy, yet many others just call them thrill-seekers. Thrill-seekers across the United States are supplied with several different options, ranging in intensity from riding a roller coaster to jumping from a plane, which is why we have compiled a list of what we believe to be the top 10 thrilling destinations across America. Grab your friends, grab your gear, and get ready for a true adventure with any of these exciting destinations!
- Hang Glide - Chattanooga, TN
Soar over the absolutely stunning Cumberland Plateau as you hang glide 900 meters above the lush Sequatchie Valley! There’s no better way for thrill-seekers to see the region from a bird's eye view!
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving - MO, IL, TX, NY, CO, FL, WA
iFLY indoor skydiving is the new thrill seeker's craze sweeping the nation, with several different U.S. locations. Enjoy the sense of free-falling without ever leaving a plane, inside an amazingly fun vertical wind tunnel.
- Kayak...Over a Waterfall - Palouse Region, WA
Within the Palouse region of eastern Washington and northern Idaho get the ultimate adrenaline rush as you free-fall over a 57-meter fall, a pro-kayakers haven! While you’re here try to beat the record of falling, currently 3.7 seconds.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride - Albuquerque, NM
There are several hot air balloon rides offered year-round, as well as huge nationwide festivals in which you can be among hundreds of other exciting balloon riders, the most popular the International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque.
Pro tip: For autumn colors head to New England, in the spring Columbia, MO, is nice with river views.
- Insanity Ride - Las Vegas, NV
Head to Vegas for a true thrill as you climb the tallest freestanding observation tower in the United States to ride Insanity. This ride atop the Stratosphere will take you 20 meters over the edge, 270 meters above the ground! Hold on tight!
- Mega Caverns - Louisville, KY
In Louisville, tons of BMX lovers are raving about the amazing and unique underground bike track in a former limestone mine. Enjoy 320,000 square feet, over 45 trails, in the 60-degree cavern, or even zip line down there!
- Cave Diving - Devil’s Eye Cave, FL Deep in the midst of Devil’s Eye Cave in Florida, you can swim and scuba dive in a canyon-like opening where Devil Spring joins with the Santa Fe River, the bottom of the meeting gushing water at a 5-hydrant-like force!
- Kingda Ka - Six Flags Great Adventure -Jackson, NJ
If you are a roller coaster junkie you are going to love this opportunity to head to New Jersey and ride the world’s tallest coaster, an absolute must for thrill-seekers. This coaster is also the world's second-fastest, and the second strata coaster ever built!
- Grand Canyon Skywalk - Peach Springs, AZ
You haven’t seen the Grand Canyon until you’ve seen it from the Skywalk, the 70-foot glass extension that provides great 270 degree views of the canyon. The attraction is owned by the Hualapai Tribe and is known as the most popular in the region.
- Ice Climbing - Colorado Springs, CO If you love the thrill of rock climbing you are going to love ice climbing in Colorado. Stretch yourself to the limits, wearing a helmet, spiked shoes, and carrying an ax...all while you are in a huge freezer!