Chicago draws in crowds of thousands daily to marvel at its architecture, lakeside beauty, and culture scene, all excellent reasons to bring your camera and go click crazy next time you come. There are endless opportunities to see the world through the lens in this Midwestern city, from Chinatown’s sprawling streets of spice and sugar to Soldier Stadium’s unending crowds of supportive sports fans. We know we don’t need to say much more to sell you on the thought of being your own professional photographer in the Windy City, but here are eight more extra special reasons you (and your camera) need to head to Chi-Town right now!
- Chicago River Canal. Find that perfectly photogenic spot of the river as you stroll along with the city, cruise along its shores, or kayak around its waters!
- Foodie Photo. It’s the ultimate battle, Chicago Deep Dish Pizza or Chicago Style Hot Dogs? Make your choice, take your photo. Your inner foodie will love it.
- City from the Beach. Lake Michigan Beach and Oak Street Beach are gorgeous themselves but take a selfie with the city in the background, the views are unbeatable both ways!
- Lincoln Park Bliss. Lincoln Park holds 1,208 acres of lush green space that will make you camera crazy, not to mention that gorgeous on-site zoo in the midst of the city.
- Buckingham Fountain. Stroll around Grant Park and marvel in the fountain madness, the most impressive for your camera being the beautiful Buckingham. Check it out after dark!
- Cloud Gate Reflection. You know you want a photo at the bean, so be sure to save plenty of time to get around the crowds and get a selfie of you or the city in Cloud Gate’s reflection.
- Elevated View from the L. When you are boarding or riding the L train there are endless opportunities for epic photos, so have your camera ready!
- Photo From the Clouds. Head to the top of Willis Tower or 360 Chicago to see the city from the sky and marvel in the architectural wonder of it all!