Welcome to San Antonio's iconic Hemisfair Park, the popular public green space that houses the Tower of the Americas, Institute of Texas Cultures, Yanaguana Garden, and several different eateries and playgrounds.
Hemisfair Park is the place 'where San Antonio meets', undoubtedly being one of the most popular places for both locals and tourists to gather, eat, drink, and have fun. Your group will certainly be spending quite a bit of time here, as you are sure to visit the Tower of the Americas and the Institute of Texan Cultures. There are several other things to do, though, as well, such as the following:
- Yanaguana Garden - A series of multifaceted works throughout the park by 6 different artists.
- Alas de Mexico Statue - A bronze statue that was a gift from the government of Mexico City, completed by Jorge Marin and sitting at the base of the Tower.
- John H Wood Federal Courthouse
- The Magik Theatre
- Henry B Gonzalez Convention Center
- Instituto Cultural de Mexico
- Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico - An academic and cultural collaboration between Mexico and the U.S, created in 1944.
Your group will also have the option of either enjoying a picnic lunch at any of the many picnic spots around the park,m or eating at any of the onsite eateries. Here are the options: Commonwealth Coffeehouse and Bakery, Con Safos Cocina and Cantina, Paleteria San Antonio, and Dough Pizzeria.
View this post on Instagram