From volunteering abroad to local ecotourism efforts, it is certainly no secret that the upcoming travel generation is extremely active in both travels and in helping others. Hence one of our hottest new travel trends, voluntourism.
You're in luck, one of the biggest travel trends of 2018 is also one of the most rewarding, voluntourism.
Sending groups on various volunteering journeys across the United States and beyond is one of our favorite things to do here at Group Tours, not only because it helps others and contributes to society in a positive way, but the travel itself will positively contribute to you and your life experiences!
A great thing about voluntourism is that it is the perfect travel activity for any group: high school students, college students, businesses, medical professionals, friends, family, etc. There is a multitude of different volunteering opportunities to choose from today, with something for every age and skill level all over the world. Any age group can help out with Red Cross or Habitat for Humanity, and of course, there are so many more opportunities outside of our country, in various parts of the world that need medical attention, agricultural help, or education resources in general.
Here are our most popular voluntourism trip categories:
- National Parks
- Local Emergency
- Red Cross
- Zoo/Animal Shelter
- Missionary Trip
- Medical Outreach
- Conservation Efforts
Group Tours and our sister company, Adventure Student Travel, have listed some of the best options for your group within the U.S below, take a look and pick the perfect one for your group! Give us a call, and we'll get you there quickly, safely, and efficiently.
Psst Students!!! Colleges *love* to see community service hours on your applications.
- American Hiking Society, American Red Cross, Appalachian Club, Best Friend Animal Sanctuary, Bob Marshall Wilderness, Catalina Island Conservancy, Friends of Virgin Islands National Park, Habitat for Humanity, Heifer Village, Rustic Pathways, Sabine National Wildlife Refuge, Sierra Club, Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary, White Earth Reservation
Here are just a few examples of programs overseas this year to consider, as well:
- Volunteer in Social Work in Ecuador with Youth for Understanding
- Save the Amazon Rainforest in Peru with ISA
- Conserve Endangered Wildlife in Madagascar with Frontier
- Empower Women in India with Volunteering Journeys
- Work with Children with Disabilities in Peru with Love Volunteers
- Bali - Ubud volunteer program
Be sure to check out our last 2018 Travel Trends blog: Culinary Trips